7 Things, and Other Things
Hooray and hurrah, I’ve won an award. A Kreativ Blogger award. From the lovely and talented Diane Becker. Thank you.
And here’s what I have to do.
* 1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
* 2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
* 3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
* 4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
* 5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
* 6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
* 7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.
7 interesting things might be pushing it, but here goes…
1. I adore the autumn. Everything about it. The light, the air, the temperature, its colours. Kicking leaves. Smelling fires.
2. I once touched Posh Spice’s boob with my face. It was an accident of course, a collision and she took it in good humour, though she probably thought I’d been invited to the party where said collision occurred. I escaped without injury.
3. I have never seen ET.
4. I never thought this blog would last this long.
5. I want a lightsaber now just as much as I did as when I was 7.
6. I used to sell cars.
7. I’m probably a lot more shy than you’d think.
Okay then. Let’s see. Who should I nominate?
Let’s have the recently interviewed and very lovely Megan Taylor
And here’s a funny, or odd little thing I’ll share with you. A little glimpse into the mind of me.
Yesterday was the first day since April that I didn’t do any work. I’ve known I’ve needed a break for ages but haven’t had the opportunity to take one because I’ve been rather busy.
So yesterday I did nothing. I dozed. And sat. Watched a bit of Doctor Who. And started to think about things (something I’d not done in an age as I’d been working so hard – and not thinking comes pretty easily to me). And, as a result, saw things in a slightly different way, put them into perspective. I felt sad and angry with some people for how they’ve treated me, disappointed that some have been pretty damn heartless and cruel.
But really, they’re happy. And me taking notice of them only does one thing: pisses me off. So why do I do it? Honestly, because I like things to be right. I like to think that people who I’ve known, and been friends with, are the sort of people who do the right thing. When they don’t it’s a shock and a disappointment.
So, I’ve decided to not care as much about them and start caring more about me. I wonder if that’ll mean I work less or more.
Just thought I’d share.
And another thing…
I’ve been absolutely delighted that so many people have gotten in touch to tell me they like Pacifier
, which appeared in the fab Metazen earlier in the week. I don’t think I’ve ever had that much feedback, certainly not from people I don’t know.
What makes this extra special is that Pacifier and other recently published stories are the stories I’m most excited about. They’re what I think a Nik Perring story looks like. So the fact that they’re being enjoyed by people is just thrilling.
So a huge thanks to everyone who’s emailed me, or commented over at Metazen
, or left a note on Facebook or Twittered me. It means a lot.