Turn on, Tune in
So, tomorrow, from about quarter to twelve I will be on radio (you can listen online here). This is a first for me so it’ll definitely be interesting and hopefully fun too. Here’s hoping. I’ll be talking generally about writing and what I do and what I’m doing for World Book Day and Book Aid and things.
And the lovely and talented Sarah Hilary
has tagged me with this:
List at least five things you do to support and spread a love of the written word, then tag five people. (If you list something that touches youngsters, you get a bonus letter!)
so I shall oblige.
1. I write stories and publish them.
2. I keep this blog and mention, whenever I can (read: remember) literature of interest, hopefully pointing people in the direction of things they might not otherwise have found.
3. When I can I interview writers here, giving them the opportunity to show readers here their stuff (see the sidebar on the right for links and watch this space for a couple which are due soon).
4. I teach a writing group.
5. I order books through my library. Now, that might not sound particularly great, but (PLR aside) when the titles are obscure/from small presses there’s a strong chance that the library will buy a copy, thus resulting in it being on the shelf for people to be aware of.
6. I teach workshops in schools (BONUS POINTS!!!).
7. I’m a member (and former Site Host) of an online writing community.
8. I read and BUY literary mags and journals.