Sally Cook has been doing some meme tagging shenanigans. I am one of those she’s tagged. I have to tell you all seven things about me. Now, I remember doing this some time ago, though if memory serves it was eight things back then. Times change.
1. I need peace and quiet to write. Things like dogs barking, people using those big industrial leaf blowers/hedge trimmers, pneumatic drills are not on my list of favourite things.
2. Some interruptions when I’m writing are necessary and are received politely. If you’re the chap who rang me up earlier to tell me that you’re going to help me switch mobile phone providers you will know that such phone calls are not a necessary interruption and might not be received politely. And if I do want to switch mobile phone providers, as I said, I’ll do it when it’s convenient and not when I’m working. And if you are that chap, don’t sound so grumpy because, you know, I didn’t ask you to ring.
3. I can be cheery at times. Honest. Probably has something to do with the moon.
4. I’ve been getting the feeling, more and more lately, that I need to spend more time relaxing.
5. I have really enjoyed, over the past few months, the actual act of writing. Of putting ink on paper.
6. I think Pelikan fountain pens are wonderful.
7. My hair’s in my eyes.
So there you go, folks. The first seven things that came to mind. I wonder how different these answers are to the last things about me meme I did.
I’ll not tag seven people, I’ll tag you all. Let me know if you share…